Terms and Conditions
The following terms and conditions apply to all transactions processed by The Chancellor, Masters and Scholars of the University of Cambridge, acting through its ADC Theatre ('the ADC Theatre'):
- All tickets are non-refundable and non-exchangeable. Tickets may be returned if the performance has sold out and they can be re-sold, in this case the value of the tickets is credited to the customer’s account with the ADC Theatre.
- Ticket availability and prices online are provided for information only. The ADC Theatre is not obliged to contract on the basis of that information.
- Persons under 18 may not purchase tickets.
- All tickets (and booking fees) must be paid for in full at the time of booking.
- The ADC Theatre will not be responsible for any lost or stolen tickets.
- Events or programme details may need to be cancelled or varied because of circumstances beyond reasonable control.
- If an event is cancelled or rescheduled, The ADC Theatre will use reasonable endeavours to notify customers of the cancellation although the ADC Theatre does not guarantee that ticket holders will be informed of such cancellation before the date of the event. The ADC Theatre is only able to inform customers for whom it holds valid contact details. Any customer who buys tickets without giving correct and up to date contact details does so at their own risk.
- Any unused credit (due to a return or a voucher) on a customer’s account will expire 2 years after the credit was added.
- The ADC Theatre may place restrictions on the number of tickets that may be ordered.
- Tickets must not be resold by the customer.
- A customer making a booking on behalf of a group, by doing so, accepts the ADC Theatre's terms and conditions on behalf of all group members and becomes responsible for making all payments due from the group.
- For performances taking place outside of the ADC Theatre or Corpus Playroom, the ADC Theatre acts only as a ticket agent for the venue, performing company or society concerned ('the Producers').
- Tickets are issued subject to the Producers' regulations. The ADC Theatre will endeavour to give the customer any performance and venue information and regulations provided by the Producer but may not know if this is incomplete, incorrect or out of date. Customers are advised to contact the Producers directly if they should have a query that is not specifically relating to the booking process.
- Completion of the online booking process, including the provision of credit or debit card details, shall constitute an offer by the customer to purchase tickets subject to the ADC Theatre's general terms and conditions of sale.
- The customer is entirely responsible for providing his/her details correctly during the booking process. The customer warrants that all details supplied are true and accurate. The customer is responsible for informing the ADC Theatre of any changes to his/her details once the booking is concluded.
- It is the customer's responsibility to check that tickets issued by the ADC Theatre are correct. Tickets purchased online for the incorrect performance cannot be exchanged or refunded. Please call the box office on 01223 300085 if you have any queries.
- If collecting tickets in person, ensure collection is no later than 15 minutes before the performance is due to start, (from the venue of the performance unless otherwise advised). Please bring your credit or debit card when collecting tickets as well as proof of concession if appropriate.
Nothing in these General Terms excludes or limits the ADC Theatre's liability for death or personal injury, caused directly by its negligence, or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation. All other liabilities of the ADC Theatre (including without limitation for cancellation, deficiencies in the ADC venue or performance, or damage to property) shall be limited to the total of the face value of the ticket purchased and any booking fee.
Performances at the ADC Theatre:
- Arrive on time. The ADC Theatre will endeavour to admit latecomers at a suitable break in the performance (which may be the interval) but admission cannot be guaranteed.
- Make your booking carefully. Once purchased, tickets cannot be exchanged nor money refunded unless a performance is cancelled or less than half the performance takes place.
- The ADC Theatre reserves the right to refuse admission for good reason.
- Every member of the audience must have a valid ticket.
- The ADC Theatre operates a non-smoking policy in all areas of the building.
- The consumption of drinks in glasses or bottles is not permitted in the auditorium. Plastic cups are available on request.
- The use of any form of recording equipment is not permitted in the auditorium, except with the permission of the Manager.
- Mobiles phones and other electronic devices must be switched off before entering the auditorium. Dogs (except guide dogs) are not permitted within the ADC Theatre.
- Theatrical effects such as strobe lighting and gunshots are sometimes used in productions. The ADC Theatre will endeavour to warn patrons in advance when these effects will be used.
- The ADC Theatre or any permitted third parties may carry out general filming and sound recording in or about the venue. By purchasing tickets you consent to you and your party being included in and to the exploitation of such films and recordings without payment.
- You are responsible for any possessions you bring into the ADC Theatre.