Social Distancing Information
This page outlines the social distancing measures that will be in place for audience members at the ADC Theatre. These are the main points in summary:
- You will be be able to sit alone or in a group with your household, up to a maximum of 4 people. Different households will be sat at least 1m from each other.
- Face coverings will be compulsory in the theatre.
- You must book a ticket before 5pm on the day of an ADC Mainshow, or before 11am on the day for a matinée. There will be no on-the-door sales for shows.
- There will be a one-way system in place leading from the Box Office to the auditorium.
- You will not be able to book seats in a specific location in the auditorium. Instead, you can book a group of seats for your household where you will then be seated on a first-come, first-served basis by a member of our Front of House team.
You can read our FAQs here.
The ADC Theatre is re-opening as a socially distanced auditorium this Autumn. You will be able to sit in a group with other people in your household, up to a maximum of 4 people. Different households will then be sat at least 1m from each other, with compulsory face coverings in the theatre.
You are encouraged to bring your own face covering, but you can also buy an ADC branded face mask online or at the Box Office for £6. We have a maximum of one seat available per performance for someone who cannot wear a face covering for medical reasons; please contact our Box Office on 01223 300085 to book this. ADC Management reserve the right to turn away an audience member who is not wearing a face covering, without providing a refund. Children will not be exempt from wearing face coverings in the auditorium.
In order to ensure that people can take their seats without breaking social distancing, you will not be able to book seats in a specific location in the auditorium. Instead, you can book a group of seats for your household where you will then be seated on a first-come, first-served basis by a member of our Front of House team. The auditorium is raked so you will be able to see the show from wherever you are seated in the auditorium.
Please note that latecomers will not be admitted, and re-entry will not be allowed until the interval for those needing to leave the auditorium during a performance.
More information on how to book a ticket can be found on the Booking Information section of our website.
Our ADC Mainshows will have an in-person audience, with the ability to watch a livestream at home. Our ADC Lateshows will only be available to watch as an online livestream, as there is not enough time in between shows to sufficiently sanitise our auditorium.
For ADC Mainshows, the auditorium will open from 7pm, in advance of our Mainshow beginning at 7:45pm. There will be a one-way system in place from the Box Office up into the auditorium. There will also be a one-way system in place leading to the toilets, both before the show and during the interval.
We are sadly not able to re-open the ADC Bar under current restrictions.
We are unable to accept any on-the-door sales for our upcoming shows: you must book a ticket before 5pm on the day of the show, or before 11am for a matinée. You can book online, in person or by calling our Box Office.
If you have any questions related to this, please do not hesitate to contact the Theatre Manager, Jamie, at email@example.com
Last updated: 12:00, 14 October 2020