We are the centre of Cambridge’s thriving drama scene. Productions at our two venues, the ADC Theatre and Corpus Playroom, are entirely put together by students, amateurs, and volunteers.
From actors and technical crew to directors and producers, everyone is here to enjoy and produce high-quality theatre. Training, learning and support are at the heart of everything we do here, and we are set up to provide help and guidance to inexperienced users.
There are hundreds of opportunities to act in the ADC Theatre every year, and our productions always require dedicated production and technical teams. Whether you’re interested in acting, directing, producing, designing, stage managing, building, lighting, or crewing a show, new faces are always welcome, regardless of experience.
Guide to Cambridge Theatre
Our guide to Cambridge Theatre contains everything you need to know about the way theatre works in Cambridge, and explains how to get involved. You can collect your copy from the ADC Theatre, CUADC's Freshers Fair stall or your college JCR/MCR.
This year's guide can be downloaded below:
Get Involved Events
Come along to one of our events to find out how you can be a part of it.
- Freshers' Friday: Friday 11 October, 4pm-7pm (ADC Theatre)
- LGBTQ+ Social, Tuesday 15 October, 8-10pm (ADC Theatre Bar)
- Female and NB Technicians' Social, Thursday 17 October, 8-10pm (ADC Theatre Bar)
- Freshers' Musical Theatre Bar Night, Monday 21 October, 8pm (ADC Theatre Bar)
- BME Social, Tuesday 22 October, 8pm (ADC Theatre Bar)
- Applications Social - How to pitch your show: Wednesday 23 October, 8pm (ADC Theatre Bar)
- Introduction to Directing: Saturday 26th October, 4pm (ADC Theatre, Dressing Room 2)
- Introduction to Lighting and Sound Design: Saturday 26th October, 4pm (ADC Theatre Stage)
- Introduction to Set Design: Saturday 26th October, 4pm (ADC Theatre, Dressing Room 2)
- Producing Workshop: Saturday 26th October at 5pm (ADC Theatre, Dressing Room 2)
The Cambridge University Amateur Dramatic Club is the oldest and largest student drama society in Cambridge. The first performances on the site were staged by the founders of the Club in 1855.
As well as being the main production company at the Theatre, the CUADC are a focus for student dramatic activity in Cambridge, running workshops and encouraging participation in theatre.
The CUADC are producing three Freshers' Shows this season:
The Freshers’ Shows are performed, directed, produced, designed and crewed entirely by those new to Cambridge drama. To find out more, come along to Freshers' Friday or contact CUADC here.
We also require volunteer stewards to help us run the Front of House in the evenings. Our stewards greet audiences, sell programmes and ice-creams, and oversee admission to the auditorium. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Click through for more information on the various production roles, and how to get involved with shows at the ADC Theatre and Corpus Playroom. We look forward to seeing you at the ADC Theatre and Corpus Playroom very soon!